I am sure that all of us would have gone through, "So where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Whenever I was posed with this question in last 3 years, I itched a lot to say "To smoke weed, get stoned and sing Hare Krishna Hare Ram". But the need of the time or the necessity of the job always made me bite back a smirk and say "Working loyally at your institution and help for the development of the organisation" (Gaaah, Barf bag please)
If you know me, my longest stint at a job was 1 year 6 months (err or something like that.. i am weak in math :P) I am someone who won't stick to a place, job, person for a long time. Ok Malar is an exception here.. This bleddy bugger has stuck with me for past 11 years (that long!!!) and still is my best friend :) But i solely blame this aberration on her. If it was me, i would have run off. But this darling just tracks me down every time and literally threatens my life every bleddy time. Anyways i am digressing.
So where was I? Oh yeah the question. So when i saw people doing what I was 10 years back, I thought, "oi this is interesting. I can now try to remember what I did as a 5 year old." But seriously speaking, apart from drinking milk with both eyes fixated on the mug like a cross-eyed bug (Dad has photographic proof facepalms ), i have no recollection of what happened 20 years ago. Yet I wadded through it and ta-da, my autobiography in a list format. My MBA friends should be proud of me now :-D
20 years ago I . . .
1. Left Kanpur once for all
2. Was struggling to learn Tamil, got frustrated and switched back to Hindi :-P
3. Got my first book, "Thermal and Wind Energy" (Don't ask.. Appa got it for me)
10 years ago I . . .
1. Left Nagercoil and my best friend (Malar, love u girl)
2. Met with an accident and life took a major turn.
3. Left my dreams of becoming a Neurologist and embraced Leather Technology (which i later ditched)
5 years ago I . . .
1. Was in college making myself believe that I will study further
2. Came over my Inferiority complex
3. Came to terms with my childhood and accepted it
3 years ago I . . .
1. Reached my peak success in the corporate world
2. (But) Found my calling and took a major decision of my life (I quit :-P).
3. Returned back to TN.
1 year ago I . . .
1. Quit my 9-5 job
2. Started taking photography assignments professionally
3. Was on the road and on trips more than being at home
So far this year I . . .
1. Have caught up with all friends, i had avoided last year
2. Have went on a weekend trek and had a fab time
3. Have got back my fun schedule on line
Yesterday I . . .
1. Started editing a book
2. Delivered one assignment (on time, phew)
3. Played with a baby on bus
Today I . . .
1. Slept till noon
2. Delivered two assignments
3. will be out for dinner
Tomorrow I will . . .
1. Deliver atleast three of my latest assignments
2. Go out for Baskin Robins Icecream
3. Cook white peas
In the next (coming) year I will . . .
Naah!! Future is not for me to decide... Who knows i may become a hippie and be found on the beaches of Goa... Or become a professional photographer and travel around the world... or go back to the corporate world and start from where i left (yeah right)... Or listen to my parents and live their wishes (hahahahahaha :-D )
Hahaha so that was me... :)