Saw a similar post in one of the met-blogs of another city.. thought will add my own list for Chennai.. not in any order and is not exhaustive either... add your own in the comments section...
- Take a walk on the beach from Marina to Elliot's Beach
- Capture the Sunrise at Broken Bridge
- Haggle over trinkets at Pondy Bazaar
- Scourge for a long forgotten book at Moor Market... trust me you'll get it...
- Click the Moon on Full moon day at Thiruvanmiyur Beach
- Have a quaint cup of coffee at Rathna Cafe
- Enjoy the peace at Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Mylapore..
- Squeeze through the crowd to get vegetables at Koyambedu
- "Enjoy" the pulling and pushing at Ranganathan Street
- Pay over Rs.200 for a ten minute Autoride
- Catch a movie at Broadway Talkies.. scoot over multiplexes...
- Read some ancient literature at Connemaara Library
- Attend a Music concert at TTK Salai
- Pray along the waves at the Sea shore Sai Temple, Injambakkam
- Party on a hired boat at Muttukaadu Lake
- Look out for an ancient yet sturdy buildings at Mint Street
- Climb the Lighthouse at Marina
- Pick up a handicraft doll at Alwarpet
- Wait in queue to get a plate of hot Puliyothare at Grand Sweets & Snacks
- Refrain from feeding the baby crocs at the Crocodile Park
- Ape the monkeys at Guindy Children's Park
- Try finding the Adyar Banyan Tree.. No Google is not allowed
- Spot a Sandalwood Tree at Vandalur Zoo
- Try gaining an entry into the Guindy National park.. a Reserve forest right at the heart of the city, where else can u find it...
- Handle the snakes at 3 pm daily at the Snake Park
- Munch on a Vada, fresh off the Vada-mala of the 32 feet tall Anjaneyar Statue at Nanganallur
- Attend a marriage at any of the chthrams at Vadapalani
- Attend the Vinayak Visarjan at Sowcarpet...
- Relish a plate of Biriyani at Samco, TTK road
- Take the MRTS from Velachery to Beach
and as the legend says "you have much more to do at Chennai"... Cheers...
Edited to add:
More things to do in Chennai...
- Go shopping for cheap but good fabric at Fashion/Pantheon Road, Egmore (Aarthi)
- Soak in various cultures at Dakshin Chitra (Aarthi)
- Get yourself scolded by an auto-driver in chaste Madras Thamizh for no fault of yours. (Rammmmm :-P)
- Get drenched in the Madras rains and wade(swim) around after that (Rammmmm)
- Click pics of Armenia in Namma Chennai at Armenian Street (Gils)